JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Blue Sky Miami Corporate
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, takes dictation, and otherwise relieves officials or clerical work and minor administrative and business detail by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, takes dictation, and otherwise relieves officials of clerical work and minor administrative and business detail by performing the following duties.
2. Takes dictation in shorthand or by machine and transcribes notes on typewriter or computer, or transcribes from voice recordings.
3. Composes and types routine correspondence.
4. Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records.
5. Answers and screens supervisor's telephone calls, and arranges conference calls.
6. Coordinates supervisor's schedule and makes appointments.
7. Greets scheduled visitors and conducts to appropriate area or person.
8. Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations.
9. Conducts research, and compiles and types statistical reports.
10. Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
11. Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
12. Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
13. Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
14. Processes check requests for utility and other misc. bills for all properties.
15. Processes purchase orders for marketing invoices and logs on report.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Problem solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
· Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
· Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
· Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percents and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIIES:
· People skills
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some lifting; typically 25lbs. or less.
- Walking for long periods of time when inspecting the property, supervising employees, handling resident complaints and other tasks associated with the management of a property.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stress associated with completing tasks in a timely manner and relating to other facets of the job.
- Exposure to noise is frequent.
Scheduling: The employee is subject to schedule changes and/or overtime as required by the job and his/her supervisor. This may include working weekends, working after the course of normal business hours and at other times as required by the job. The employee is subject to these schedule changes on as little notice as 24 hours.